Board of Regents meetings are open to the public. Under specific circumstances, some meetings of the Board and most meetings of the Board’s Litigation Review Committee, are held as non-public meetings as provided for in Minnesota State Statute. Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held on the sixth floor of McNamara Alumni Center.
Each June, the Board approves its meeting schedule for the coming year.
- July 13-15, 2022 (includes retreat)
- September 8-9, 2022
- October 13-14, 2022
- December 15-16, 2022
- February 9-10, 2023
- March 8-10, 2023 (includes retreat)
- May 11-12, 2023
- June 8-9, 2023
Each summer, the Board of Regents and the president identify priorities that directly influence the Board’s annual planning for its meetings and focus the efforts of the president and her administration.
Priorities for 2021-22
- Oversee initial implementation of the M Pact 2025 systemwide strategic plan, with distinct governance focus on:
- Empower and advance the PEAK initiative and related reforms to the University’s budget model.
- Support a targeted distributed learning strategy in key areas where the University can lead in leveraging technology to support student success.
- Maintain cultivation of inclusive campuses and foster a deeper understanding of efforts to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Monitor evolving campus enrollment strategies and ensure performance against established goals.
- Continue engagement around campus planning and efforts to align physical space with strategic priorities.
- Advance implementation of significant health sciences strategies to enhance medical education, improve clinical care, and better serve the people of Minnesota.
- Enable and oversee ongoing initiatives to enhance public safety across the system, with a particular focus on the Twin Cities campus.